In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Nine teams have been announced to date in Atlanta, Dallas, Florida, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
The Manager, Player relations will work closely with the Call of Duty professional player community to communicate league information and represent the players’ feedback.
This position is based in our Santa Monica office, with potential for travel during the competitive season.
- Responsible for communicating league updates to the pro player community
- Gather and document player feedback to present to stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensure players have the most up to date information for official league activities, including scheduled match times, exhibitions, player signings, media opportunities, and more.
- Coordinate with league administration on any travel accommodation needs for players.
- Establish a relationship with all pro players to maintain an up to date list of contact information to disseminate information and gather feedback quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Communications, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in esports, sports or other live entertainment events
- 4+ years of experience in an administrative or coordination roles
- 2+ years of experience in talent management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable organizational, problem-solving and time-management abilities
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential or sensitive matters
- Experience communicating complex issues to diverse, global audiences
- Experience with setting up travel and accommodations
- Passion for esports and gaming
- Ability to travel, including international travel
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats and rules, especially FPS
- Deep knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
- Foreign language skills
- Cover letter
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.