Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will drive analytics strategy for our growing portfolio of mobile games.
Our ideal candidate is confident in their ability to champion an analytics-driven initiative yet humble enough to learn from the many product managers, designers, engineers, and other partners that participate in making Blizzard games the experience that our players deserve.
- Develop and manage towards a data analytics vision for Blizzard’s portfolio of mobile games
- Be the thought leader for mobile game analytics at Blizzard, addressing both day-to-day requirements and long-term opportunities
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver insight-driven analysis to inform and shape decisions
- Partner with the senior leadership of Blizzard and product teams to understand strategic priorities and operational needs
- Manage and professionally develop a multidisciplinary team of analytics professionals all focused on creating and sustaining outstanding mobile games
- Collaborate with other Blizzard game and discipline-based analytical teams to scale effectiveness over time
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current mobile game industry trends
- Proven ability to deliver results and impact
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams
- Minimum 8 years’ experience with strategic problem solving and delivering results to stakeholders
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Google Cloud, Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- Experience leveraging analytical best practices to address mobile game and/or free-to-play business models
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and Blizzard’s role in the gaming ecosystem
- Considerable experience with mobile games as a player
- Advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.