Powerful. Fast. Reliable. The best rigs are created by rigging artists that understand the needs of a production and are constantly optimizing their work. Is there a way to squeeze out a few FPS from a rig’s playback? What about tools that make laborious animation tasks simpler?
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a technical/rigging artist interested in collaborating with world-class artists and engineers to make something truly EPIC. A passion for all of Blizzard’s worlds as well as a love of animation and an interest in pushing mobile gaming to its limits are of utmost importance.
The ideal candidate for this position is passionately motivated to create and maintain high quality character and prop rigs. We’re looking for someone who loves the art of animation and who has the technical skills to support the creation of responsive rigs, solve problems, and collaborate with other departments’ shared technology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience creating character rigs in Maya.
- Prior experience shipping at least 1 AAA or mobile game title.
- Strong knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and edge loop topology.
- Highly proficient in character skinning, tool creation and technical workflows.
- Thorough knowledge of layout, modeling, rigging, physics simulations, animation tools, and the contemporary workflows used within the industry.
- Strong communication skills and experience supporting multiple animators.
- Knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development and pipeline design.
- Experience in Python or other programming languages.
- Fiery passion for Blizzard’s games and characters.
- Solid track record of developing useful and well-designed animation tools.
- Unity experience.
Submission / Portfolio
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging / simulation and technical proficiency
- Only online submissions will be accepted
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.