Lead Software Engineer, Client Technology
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the HearthStone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making Hearthstone the best product it can be on all of our supported clients, with an extra-special desire to make it sing on mobile devices. This position’s primary responsibility will be to provide technical mentorship and guidance for the small team of engineers that supports and improves the way that HearthStone operates on our various player clients. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance for a small team of engineers.
- Strive to improve the quality of the user experience on all client platforms that are supported by Hearthstone. (PC, Mac, Android/iOS phones and tablets, etc.) Some of the areas that the client team is responsible for include:
- Graphic/Rendering Performance
- Memory usage
- Load times/asset management
- Battery Performance
- Localization systems
- Audio support
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and manage schedule requirements.
- Work with the Technical Director to promote and apply the core values of the HearthStone engineering team.
- Review completed engineering tasks in collaboration with the production staff and other leads.
- Maintain a basic familiarity with HearthStone’s design.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in programming software.
- Strong, proven C++ and C# skills.
- Previous leadership experience or very strong leadership potential.
- iOS or Android development experience.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
- Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
- A burning desire to help make the Hearthstone client the best that it can be for our players.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Previous experience supporting and shipping AAA game titles.
- Experience with tools in the artist pipeline, specifically Maya and Perforce.
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
o What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.