We are looking for a user-centered user interface (UI) / graphic designer to lead the visual strategy for our Battle.net products and manage a small team of graphic designers. You’ll be working on our Battle.net desktop app, our ecommerce platforms, non-marketing emails, the Battle.net website, and many shared social features both in the game and out of the game (adding friends, chatting, etc). We will be asking you to create a vision for the Battle.net visual style (hierarchy of information, tone, typography, grid, iconography, and more). We believe that designing from the gut is not enough, so we are looking for a UI designer that loves getting user validation and is not afraid of a user-centered design process. This means working closely with our user experience (UX) designers and researchers to gain empathy with early stage user feedback, helping the team define goals and strategy, designing solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard Entertainment quality.
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Help UX designers, competitive analysis, and research support.
- Create and show solutions – Create visual strategies, wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, icons, etc.
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – Help with usability, interviews, and more designs – in collaboration with the research team.
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. detailed designs, final assets, style guides, etc) and assist in post launch analysis with our analytics and research team.
- Teach and mentor – Level up the soft and hard skills of our current team and help hire new talent.
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer
- Knows the difference between a project goal and a requirement
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a design lead, product lead, or design manager role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, or similar
- Experience in training, mentoring, and managing other designers
- Experience and examples creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and/or mobile applications
- Examples of high-level visual strategy, highly detailed wireframes and designs
- Examples of easily digestible story-based solutions
- Examples of both quantitative and qualitative based decision making
- Can prototype your ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and / or Axure
- Laid back, but can unleash the fire in your belly to get things done
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.