You’re an outstanding human resources professional. Your skillset, curiosity, and motivation are a magnificent fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Blizzard Entertainment? We offer one of the most fast-paced, dynamic, and forward-thinking environments for HR professionals to ply their craft.
Our HR staff ranks among the most hardworking and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unrivaled approaches. For those of you with an adventurous spirit and a dream for knowledge-sharing and growing, we wish to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping craft and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You have a demonstrable aptitude for working well with people, and the dream to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment.Responsibilities
- Take point for inquires around policies, procedures, payroll, time-keeping, benefits, leave of absence, etc. for 1000+ technology organization employees and leaders.
- Provide HR Partners and respective client groups with reporting and special projects as required.
- Assist HR Partners with first level employee relations situation as they arise.
- Support the Tech Org HR team with administrative tasks including creating team meeting agendas, planning team events, filing and other administrative tasks as they arise.
- Partner with our HR centers (Global Rewards, HR Operations, Recruiting, Talent & Organizational Development, etc.) to assist HR Partners with executing a suite of human resources programs
- Take ownership of on-boarding for all technology organization new hires and off-boarding for departing employees
- Ensure the integrity of employee data by processing HR transactions in core HRIS and other various HR systems (Workday, SABA Learning Management System, Jobvite, UltiPro, etc.)
- Assists HR team with organizing new hire mixers, orientation and other HR related events and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related field
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in the HR field
- Working knowledge in California employment law
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with multiple levels of management
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to use discretion when presented with confidential and sensitive information
- High level of integrity as proven personally and expertly
- Able to work well in a dynamic, fast pace and ever-changing environment
- Able to establish relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience with HR systems, specifically Workday, Jobvite and Ultipro
- Experience working in a HR department with an entertainment, publishing or interactive company
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Passion for video games, entertainment and/or technology industry
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.