The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for a seasoned art manager to join its next great game! The ideal candidate possesses outstanding management, communication, and organization skills, and a thorough understanding of art department dynamics within game development.
- Partner with the art director, art leads, and producers to manage individuals across the entire art department.
- Define and manage artist career paths within the team and across the studio.
- Mentor art leads on management and leadership.
- A solid strategist who helps the team with long-term planning.
- Supervise artists and provide work direction, performance reviews, and coaching for the team.
- Design and implement best practices around staffing, interviewing, and career development.
- Administer staffing decisions that help achieve both the short and long term goals of the art team.
- Work with production to help create and manage team schedules and insure proper workflow throughout the art department.
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Able to handle a wide range of personnel issues including recruitment, career development, and conflict resolution
- Able to manage a large team of artists in a dynamically changing game production environment
- Able to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Able to successfully deconstruct broad feature goals into prioritized tasks
- Able to build consensus on overall goals and balance resource allocation based on project goals and individual ability
- A minimum of 7 years’ management experience
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as an art department manager or art lead
- Game art or content creation experience
- Expertise with Microsoft Office
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.