Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled writer and content planner to join the Hearthstone community team. This individual will support a wide variety of community-facing writing for the game, including patch notes, in-game messaging, Battle.net messaging, blogs, and marketing materials. This position requires a writer with a relentless attention to detail, a varied toolbox of writing styles and voices, and a consistent ability to balance multiple varied projects under tight deadlines. In addition, this person should contribute significantly to the broad content planning across the team, helping us develop content calendars that meet our communication goals.
- Serve as the team’s primary content writer across multiple channels
- Manage Hearthstone’s patch notes process from inception to publication
- Write multiple blogs each month to communicate key game updates and development information
- Manage asset requests across multiple channels, including submissions, approvals, and implementation
- Program in-client messaging across the Battle.net app and within the Hearthstone game client
- Contribute to the team’s content strategy
- Perform content performance analysis to ensure consistent improvement in results
- Manage the team’s content calendar and communication to stakeholder teams
- Bachelor’s degree in English or creative writing, communications, marketing. or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three years’ experience with brand communications and professional writing
- Demonstrated success working with large teams to drive measurable results
- Experience owning projects and driving their success, especially with multiple stakeholders
- Deep familiarity with online player communities across platforms like Twitch, YouTube, etc.
- Ability to analyze data to make conclusions and recommendations
- Experience writing a professional blog or managing a social media account in the gaming industry
- Project management training and experience
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter**, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What familiarity you have with Hearthstone
- Any relevant knowledge or experience with the gaming industry and live events
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.