Blizzard is seeking a well-itemized Manager of Community Development to lead our community efforts on the Diablo franchise. This is someone who has a deep understanding of what is required to grow, engage, and build player communities on a global scale, and is passionate about developing a team of player-centric community professionals required to meet the needs of the product and community. They are end-game content and channel strategists, comfortable collaborating with influencer networks, and have all the requisite mats to craft strategic community plans and programs. Most importantly they have a deep appreciation for the importance of player trust, and always puts the player at the center of their thinking.
- Leadership. Lead a team of talented community professionals with clarity and empathy, providing vision, being receptive to their needs, and always raising their paragon level.
- Strategic Planning. Own and drive the short and long-term community strategy for the Diablo franchise, translating strategy into plans of action, and setting clear goals and objectives for the team.
- Global Program Management. Develop and manage best-in-class global community and influencer programs, delivering against near-term product goals, while achieving long-term community objectives.
- Content and Channel Development. Remain at the forefront of rapidly changing community ecosystems, defining what good looks like for the team and franchise, and ensuring continued product relevance.
- Collaboration. Collaborate with cross-functional publishing teams, development stakeholders, and external partners, and align them around key community goals and initiatives.
- Knowledge. Add to the ever-expanding Tomb of Community Knowledge to learn and grow, understand what is working and what is not, and continuously improve the team.
- A minimum 3+ years’ experience leading and managing community teams on major consumer brands and/or entertainment franchises
- Experience working on mobile games, and managing and growing mobile gaming communities
- Demonstrated track record managing major community programs at scale, including new channel growth, developer communications, influencer activations, and content creator initiatives
- Master of communication channels and the nuances between the strategy, content, and audience for each
- Pro-active planner comfortable working across multiple complex and highly matrixed workstreams
- Always keeps it hundo p
- Advanced degrees in communication, marketing, or related field
- Project management training and experience
- Proficiency with Confluence, JIRA, Sharepoint, Sprinklr, Wrike
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with Blizzard games
- Existing strong personal network within Blizzard’s communities
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of written work and/or past community programs they are proud of
**Only submittals with the above three materials will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.