Blizzard Entertainment is a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
The Battle.net & Online Products (B&OP) organization is home to technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
As a design lead, you’ll work with product managers, engineers, and (of course) designers to investigate and solve platform problems at-scale. From account creation and login, to our CMS and developer tools, you’re the connective tissue between several disparate teams. As Blizzard scales up toward a new generation of games, your job will be to help unify the Battle.net experience into a cohesive whole.
The ideal candidate combines leadership experience with hands-on design work. They should demonstrate the value of design every day, working easily with peers from across all disciplines. A passion for product thinking, UX research, and gaming are essential. The team is searching for someone who is iterative, collaborative, and curious.
- Guide user experience design and vision for the Battle.net platform
- Collaborate on large-scale projects across multiple teams with people of all disciplines, not just design
- Use analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, and other methods of testing to inform design decisions
- Create appropriate artifacts, including strategy decks, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices and mock-ups
- Provide clear design direction, encouragement and actionable feedback to team members
- Lead and develop a team of platform designers, guiding them through career coaching, soft skills, and partner management
- Consult with design leadership on best-practices, emerging tech, and new standards
- Minimum of 5 years as user experience designer, interaction designer, program manager, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years as a mobile design or product design leader
- Knowledge and experience in defining high-level product strategy from ambiguity
- Experience mentoring emerging design talent
- Experience working within Agile/Kanban development teams
- Strong desire to work on interactive and multi-platform entertainment products
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.