You will also establish best practices, workflows and communication channels to ensure that scripts are being delivered in a timely manner to other production stakeholders, while also meeting the goals of creative development leaders. You will partner with Project Producers to establish resources, headcount and transparency regarding scheduling and planning for their teams and projects. Are you the hero we’re looking for?
- Partner with the Writing Supervisor to cast writers on projects, create and manage macro and micro department schedules, and help lead story rooms.
- Ensure downstream departments are receiving deliverables on time. If not, raise red flags in advance to work out optimal solutions with stakeholders.
- Support the Writing Supervisor in driving creative discussions and ensuring that writers have clear direction when executing story.
- Facilitate communications between writing team and game development teams to ensure that goals are being met.
- Attend all meetings, take requisite notes, distribute information and act as a stakeholder for their team.
- Act as a liaison between our Books team and the Writing team to support ancillary publishing initiatives, including comics and novels.
- Ensure the production database is up-to-date and accurate.
- Actively create and execute action plans for the department's future success, training programs, purchasing and department organizational structure.
- Work with the Writing Supervisor and senior staff on hiring decisions that helps achieve both the short term and long-range goals of the team.
- Regular syncs with Production Staff, Supervisors, Artists and Leadership to keep studio abreast of workload, milestones and any issues that may arise.
- Help manage and collaborate with assigned Associate Producer(s), ensuring that they are appropriately tasked and supporting the overall team.
- Oversee timesheets including bi-weekly approvals, overtime, and vacation requests and maintain artist time logs using overseer.
- Energize team morale and organize department activities to ensure the health of assigned department(s).
- Promote an environment of collaboration and teamwork across all production teams.
- Proven ability to create, track and maintain complex schedules
- Can drive projects to completion in a timely manner, despite no direct authority and multiple departmental dependencies
- Able to pivot and adapt quickly based on the evolving needs of project
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to evaluate timelines and workload against departmental resources and show budgets
- Understands show/project priority and makes informed decisions regarding department focus and attention
- Knowledge of storytelling and screenwriting structure
- Self-motivated problem solver that strives to maintain and nurture healthy relationships across their team as well as with outside groups and departments
- Experience managing artists and understands how to best grow and evolve individuals regarding career path, employee support and training
- 5 years production experience in Animation or Visual Effects for TV or feature film
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Story development background and experience working with writers
- Experience using Shotgun & Final Draft
- Knowledge of Blizzard IP
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise). We are a community of 5000+ global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.