Do you love art, and more importantly, do you love artists? Do you strive to make the lives of artists better, and their workflows easier by improving their toolchain? If so, the World of Warcraft Technical Art team would love to talk to you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, looking for somebody with experience improving art workflows on one or more successful console and/or PC games. In this role, you'll be working closely with Artists, Engineers, and other Technical Artists to both find day-to-day improvements and achieve long term goals. We're looking for someone with good interpersonal skills, a phenomenal team-player attitude, and willing to dive deep into anything necessary.
Our focus is on assessing and improving art development on World of Warcraft. We work primarily in Python, C++, and support plugins for content creation tools, such as Photoshop, Maya, and 3dsMax. We strive to build tools that exceed the quality expectations of the artists who use them, so they can create the most beautiful art for our game in the most efficient way possible.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
· Build, implement, and improve art tools
· Collaborate and Communicate across departments
· Evaluate Artists' needs, and identify issues, to understand and support them
· 3+ years of experience in game development crafting art tools for various departments outside of rigging.
· Advanced knowledge of Python is a plus with experience in creating workflows and tools in Qt.
· Intermediate knowledge of C++ is a plus with experience in creating model export plugins for 3dsmax or Maya
· Knowledge of content creation software, especially 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini, ZBrush, Substance, or Photoshop. An Artist first mindset is a plus.
· Knowledge of how to evaluate performance of a collection of assets in the context of the game is a plus, with the understanding of how to best communicate these issues.
· High skill level of at least one set of Technical Art roles and responsibilities outside of rigging/animation, and understanding of all domains related to Technical Art
· A demo reel/website link
· Cover letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
o What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.