How would it feel to have your code and tools be a key component in the development of every Blizzard game? Are you a skilled technical leader with deep understanding of Automation? Join our Horde! You will join a new team, responsible for making shared technology that’s leveraged across our organization. We’ll partner with the various game teams to create a game engine designed to power the next generation of Blizzard games across a variety of platforms. The Technical Lead, Automation position on this team will be a key player in this effort.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled individual to lead engineers to make robots do all the things. In this role, you’ll be defining the automation strategy both within the team (how we build, deploy, and test our code) and how our customers do the same. Our ideal candidate has experience with build, deploy, testing, and automation pipelines and tools, as well as experience shipping AAA cross-platform games and will use this knowledge to assess, develop, and improve automation tools and processes. Come, work with us! Together we will build something exceptional!
- Develop build, deploy, and test automation for developers as well as customers of the Shared Game Engine.
- Lead a small team of engineers in pursuit of awesome automation – including mentoring and career development.
- Collaborate and be an active partner to other leads within the Shared Game Engine team.
- Develop standards for automation (both in code and spirit) and work with the team to embrace them.
- Work with peers, leadership, and production to establish tasks and schedules.
- Previous engineering leadership experience.
- An understanding of supporting tools used by games – such as exporters, pipeline tools, terrain editors, build and deployment systems (such as Jenkins/Docker, etc.).
- Ability to write code in several of these: C#, Python, Lua, Bash, or any other scripting language.
- Comfortable interfacing with large C++ codebases.
- A passion for writing code and engineering. We want reliable, fast, and above all: simple and easy to understand code.
- A deep and fundamental understanding of Linux, including common deployment patterns for both large scale distributed systems and small web applications.
- Thorough understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience with common testing techniques (unit, integration, functional, stress) and an idea how you’d make a game engine awesome to use in all those areas.
- Ability to learn new languages quickly.
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Mobile experience, especially with C++ development in the mobile space.
- DevOps experience.
- Server programming/Distributed Systems experience.
- A cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.