Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Senior Analyst to lead strategic analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence for the Hearthstone franchise.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable product insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
REQUIRED TALENT BUILD
- Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. A tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Break it down!: Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Co-op Commander: Collaborate effectively across multiple departments with a proven ability to go deep in the trenches or 80/20 when required to get to insights quickly.
- Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and insightful dashboards.
- Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing. Experience working with data using SQL.
- Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Gaming, Consulting, Data Analytics, Product Management, or Finance
- MBA or graduate degree from a top-tier institution
- A minimum of 2 years' post-MBA or graduate school work experience
- Passionate gamer with working knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services (particularly Hearthstone)
- Experience writing SQL queries for data analytics purposes.
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Analytics / Research
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.