The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, the gothic, and the macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented environment artist to help set the foundation for outsourcing environment related art. This position requiring hands on creation, feedback to external artists, and engine integration of outsourced environment art. The ideal candidate can give precise feedback, directing external artists to successful results meeting internal standards. You must also be an experienced enough to hit our internal standards on environment art from start to finish. You will make art and teach others how to meet our internal standards.
- Manage communication, provide feedback to artists, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Personally create high quality models, materials, weapons when needed.
- Work closely with the art director, art leads, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Identify and research possible vendors.
- Travel may be necessary to help train and coach approved vendors.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.