We’re looking for a versatile and creative Senior Concept Artist to help us build an unannounced project for Blizzard. Your goal is to push the visual development of a new game while bringing characters, creatures, environments, and an entire world to life. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with engaging gameplay while actively communicating and growing on a small team.Day to day tasks
- Craft highly visionary character, creature, environment, and prop concepts that inspire a team and contribute to the game’s unique visual direction.
- Create mood paintings, color studies, and lighting keys to inform and inspire other environment artists and level designers.
- Create alluring character and creature concepts that draw players in while helping character artists with creating 3D art.
- Craft jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the game’s feel and enroll others in its unique artistic vision.
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspirational art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
- At least five years of professional experience as a concept designer and illustrator. You understand the role of the concept artist in the game development process.
- Extraordinary ability creating traditional 2D art. You know when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- You’re highly creative and an expert with design, silhouette, and structure when creating characters, and/or you’re a pro with lighting, staging, color, and composition when developing fun and beautiful environmental art.
- You might have some experience working with 3D modeling programs like Zbrush to quickly get your ideas out there to get the job done.
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy. You know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with feeling and emotion.
- You love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love games, movies, and animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking about how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand our unique approach to creating art for our game universes.
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.