Blizzard's In-Game Cinematics team is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. You have prior experience in animation production either with a major game studio, on a film or in TV. Experience in dealing with external clients and vendors are a plus. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions. Excellent leadership and diplomatic skills are needed when dealing with multiple projects and stakeholders. You should enjoy seeing a project from inception to completion and delivering projects on time with the highest quality.
- Work with IGC leads, producers, engineers, and artists as well as Departmental managers to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure projects remain within scope.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication and approvals inside SFD and outside including Dev Teams, Legal, Localization, Global Publishing, etc., as well as many other departments within Blizzard.
- Work with the Project Director to provide motivation, direction, and support to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Facilitate project, department, and dev team meetings as needed
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
- Maintain budgets, create schedules, and update weekly reports as needed
- 5+ years experience in the film or game industry as a producer
- At least one AAA title shipped in a producer role or applicable Film or TV credits.
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
- Experience with Shotgun or other asset tracking software, and the Microsoft Office suite
- Thorough knowledge of animation pipelines and the ability to foresee potential bottlenecks and provide possible solutions
- Exceptional inter-personal skills including oral and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated as well as able to take the initiative to keep the project moving forward
- Experience with online technologies, Battle.net, and multiplayer systems
- Passion for games (especially Blizzard Entertainment titles)
- Proficient with JIRA and/or Confluence
- Proficient knowledge of Blizzard’s IPs as well as the applicable lore
- Love of the storytelling process, especially via movies and animation
Required Application Materials
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
Job Status: Full-time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise). We are a community of 5000+ global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.