Blizzard is seeking a high performing, driven Program Manager to join the Activision Blizzard League IT Events team. You will be a critical member of a dedicated team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers The Overwatch League and Call of Duty League across US and Global locations.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences at every event. As a Program Manager in this role, you act as a liaison for League Production and the IT technical delivery team. You will actively participate in the entire ‘Run of Show’ and always be present as the ‘Single Point of Contact’ during a live show. As Program Manager, you will work closely with the internal team members to identify challenges and recommend solutions. IT Program Managers are knowledgeable about league schedules, process, policy, procedures and best practices and work to ensure these standards are followed.
***This is a remote position and will require 70-80% travel during the 26-28-weekend League seasons.
- Work with the Regional Manager to identify processes and best practices used on site.
- Build relationships with Broadcast, League Administration and Game Teams to ensure a successful partnership.
- Managing reporting on site to the larger IT organization.
- Escalate issues to Incident Management and help drive to RCA
- Master tools and processes available to successfully run an event.
- Successfully identify order of importance and urgency among tasks.
- Communicate well in advance to allow proper preparations.
- Commit to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Understand when to engage partners, who to engage, and the appropriate methods.
- Ensure milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement, always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Actively mentor junior members of the team.
- Own planning of project milestones and tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- Always be present backstage during a live broadcast to act as the “Single Point of Contact’ for all IT request
- Responsible and Accountable for directing the IT technical team during live broadcast to ensure a smooth run of show
- This position requires travel.
- Prior live event broadcast experience.
- Minimum 10 years of Project Management or Program Management experience.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Passion for video games.
- Experience running Esports events.
- Experience with trucking, and logistics
- Familiarity with Desktop Technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.