Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a full stack web developer specializing in building epic video experiences for it’s Media Network. The ideal candidate is highly creative, technically proficient, and a natural-born problem solver whom would relish in the details with an affinity for Blizzard games and Esports. Candidate must have extensive experience with web and video technologies.
In This Role You Will
- Focus on front end experience and participate in backend integrations supporting the standard media playback experience company wide.
- Collaborate with product, design and dev ops in delivering epic video experiences
- Contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, deployment and support of video experiences
- Perform full stack analysis and performance tuning to provide a seamless playback experience
- Instrument frontend and backend applications to monitor for engagement, user pathing, quality of service, and performance
- Communicate estimations/timelines/progress of individual contribution, raise risks and ensure deliverables are documented.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience working with 3rd party client side SDKs
- Drive quality and stability by writing unit, functional and performance tests with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with mobile-first responsive design
- Attention to detail and quality
- Experience writing RESTful APIs with Node.js
- Experience with load testing tools
- Familiarity with HTTP/S and basic networking concepts
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Native/Web Hybrid development strategies
- Experience working with content (live, vod) encoding and transcoding
- Experience working/integrating with video player solutions such as Bitmovin, HLS.js, Brightcove, JWPlayer,
- Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) technology stacks including MediaTailor, DFP, SpotX
- Experience with video codecs and compression (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8 and VP9) and streaming technologies (HLS, MPEG-DASH)
- In-depth knowledge of open source tools like ffmpeg, vlc, libav
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience with digital rights management
- Deep understanding of all aspects of content clipping, live video encoding, and DVR
- Experience building video experiences for OTT devices (Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS technologies including Lambda, Cloudwatch, SNS/SQS, Cloudfront
- Experience creating and operating high scale or globalized web sites
- Familiarity with CI tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Spinnaker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with NGINX
- Experience working with WebRTC
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby
- Experience with messaging queue systems such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, SNS/SQS
- Familiarity with content protection, and website security standards
- Experience with identity management (OAuth, Open ID Connect, SAML, etc.)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.