Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an Editor to support our Global Broadcast Team. The ideal candidate is a highly creative, technically proficient, and a natural-born problem solver. Candidate must have extensive experience in a broadcast and/or live environment and used to crafting engaging story-based pieces in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for cutting match highlights, sizzle reels and addressing content requests in the fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with editors and AE teams to troubleshoot any complications and ensure each task/project is completed in a timely manner
- Collaborates with Post Supervisor to enforce quality control on all Masters and coordinates the delivery of finished deliverables
- Create daily/weekly production reports
- Export, Compress and QC footage for internal and external deliveries
- Help source post production staff for specific projects
- After hours and weekend work as needed
- Responsible to relaying / communicating notes to the appropriate people and stakeholders
- Proficient with Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative programs
- Minimum 4+years professional video editing experience working with leading digital / entertainment properties
- Demonstrated ability to quickly capture the attention of a large digital audience with short-form content
- Examples of work including publicly available videos and/or a reel displaying editing capabilities, composition, color and audio as well as motion graphics work
- Experience editing multiple content genres and formats including: social media content, sports, comedy, documentary, retrospectives, and live events
- Strong understanding and compression formats for digital and broadcast deliveries
- Familiarity with a fast-paced post production environment
- Extreme attention to detail, especially with tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively
- Exceptional technical abilities
- Strong communicationand collaboration skills, willing to coordinate/manage own time
- Interest in newer or emerging social platforms
- A collaborative colleague – hard working, level-headed, creative, and kind, a good sense of humor, emotional intelligence, patience and empathy goes a long way
- A passion for gaming culture, e-sports and digital content
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.