We are looking for a talented and experienced senior UI artist who is excited to be responsible for designing amazing user interfaces for our players. If you have a passion for mobile game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
Our team values creativity, collaboration, and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like-minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers. Together, we will learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team developing epic experiences for our players.
Our ideal senior UI artist will work closely with designers and engineers to conceptualize, design, and implement user interfaces for gameplay features and systems. You will shape the game’s visual language by providing players with intuitive ways to interact with its various features and systems.
- Work closely with designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language.
- Create wireframes and UI artwork to support proposed UI interaction models.
- Design and implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX.
- Collaborate with engineers to carry designs from concept into final implementation.
- Work with Art Lead to paint new icons, borders, frames, and UI elements to match art style.
- Apply and maintain a unified user flow throughout gameplay systems and features.
- Iterate using player feedback to optimize for simplicity, comprehension, and function.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Commit to Quality.”
- 5+ years working as a UI artist/designer in gaming or interaction design field.
- Experience designing and implementing UI artwork for mobile games.
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective.
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design principles.
- Strong hand-painted 2D illustration skills to create production quality assets.
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Implementation of UI screens in a Unity-based game client.
- Working knowledge of common UI technical architecture and patterns.
- Scripting knowledge and/or technical experience (C#, Lua, HTML/CSS).
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (recommended)
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant UX/UI skills required
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a UX/UI test if required to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.