Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented backup administrator to join the Corporate Backup Team. The ideal candidate is experienced in backup best practices, has experience with backup system, has a strong understanding of IT infrastructure and good scripting skills.
This individual will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for the backup service. In addition, in this role the individual will serve as a key resource on projects, working on backup infrastructure or process changes of with other system administrators, engineers and project managers. This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Support and maintain a world class backup and archival infrastructure.
- Work closely with other team to ensure data availability and protection.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of backup and archival services.
- Primary support escalation point for critical outages and issues in relation of backup for our US offices.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability.
- Provide 24X7 on call support as part of an on call rotation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience with any backup environment (NetBackup, TSM, Avamar, etc…)
- Experience with tape library solution such as StorageTek SL series
- Experience with storage networking such as iSCSI or Fiber Channel
- Experience with coding/scripting (Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc…)
- Strong working knowledge of data backup and protection best practices
- Knowledge of data management protocol (DFS, CIFS, NFS and NDMP)
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS storage solutions (NetApp, EMC, HP 3PAR)
- Knowledge of physical and virtual server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of networking, Windows or Linux server administration.
- Knowledge of computer security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks.
- Experience working in an enterprise datacenter environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with monitoring systems and best practices
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.