Blizzard is seeking a high performing Director of IT Events and Broadcast to manage, drive and develop a team for the IT Events organization. You will be critical in leading the team responsible for engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events, Esports, and professional leagues across multiple global locations. Additionally, you will build and execute the IT plans supporting critical events and Esports tournaments.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized manager passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments and studio productions, to epic scale events like BlizzCon. The role includes traveling to venues for site visits, building and tracking tasks for the technical resources to execute, managing the technical set up on location and communicating status. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Ultimate responsibility across Blizzard for our Esports Leagues, IT Events and Broadcast IT integrations.
- Meeting with executive-level stakeholders representing the IT plans, deliverables, and status.
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event.
- Timeliness: Communicates well in advance to allow proper preparations.
- Accountable for committing to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Partner engagement: Understands when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process.
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team.
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- Collaborate with peers to remove barriers within and outside IT.
- Manage a globally distributed team comprised of PM, Network, Systems, and Desktop resources.
This position requires travel.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience managing projects and technical teams.
- Proven leader, a minimum of 7-10 years of leadership experience in an engineering space.
- Prior experience managing large scale events.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to resolve conflicts or disagreements in a win-win fashion across all their sub teams.
- Able to coach and develop managers and individual contributors in their organization successfully.
- Forward thinking attitude and resistance to complacency, focusing on long term goals and what Blizzard will look like in years to come.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
- Passion for video games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Program Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.