Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users’ experience.
The Global Growth Marketing team based in Irvine is looking for a tremendously talented individual who can manage and support growth marketing campaigns across multiple franchises and regions. This position will work closely with the growth strategy manager to build audience-centric, channel-agnostic plans for various game and content launches, as well as new customer acquisition.
The global growth strategist will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of campaign planning. You will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the franchise business and ensure all requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. You will also work with internal tools and teams to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze performance and inform optimizations.
The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and an effective communicator. Autonomy, agility, and poise will be markers of success.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
If you’re up for the challenge, please read on:
- Develop global strategic growth recommendations that define target audience, channel mix, flighting, media KPIs, and integrate consumer behavior insights and competitive/marketplace considerations
- Collaborate with Activation, Analytics, and Program Management functional groups to help design test opportunities, measurement and messaging frameworks, and process improvements
- Act as liaison to business stakeholders, leveraging strategic vision to inform, consult, and recommend innovative solutions to unique business challenges
- Coordinate with regional counterparts to achieve global strategic alignment
- Review tactical components of media campaigns to ensure strategic growth objectives are met
- Partner to manage key operational tasks that enable Activation & Analytics teams to successfully launch and optimize campaigns
- Coordinate global budget process and handle ad-hoc day-to-day requests
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of digital media analysis and planning experience from a media agency or similar
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Deep understanding of planning tools, ad servers, DMPs/CDPs
- Understanding of programmatic marketing, and audience and creative segmentation
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentations
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives & brand-building campaigns
- Able to create general excel pivot tables and manage spreadsheets
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with management, peers, and external partners
- Passion for video games, particularly Blizzard titles
- Prior entertainment client and/or communications planning experience
- Experience with mobile UA campaigns
- Experience with TV and OOH planning
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.