Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled lighting artist for Diablo. The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate an understanding of how light, shadow, and color create environmental tone and mood and possess a thorough understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles. This position requires a creative and technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on personal vision and conceptual illustrations. Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Working with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Working closely with the art, tech art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate different production constraints with various lighting techniques, and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- A minimum of 3 years' video game development experience, lighting a variety of game environments
- A portfolio, or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail, and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Thorough understanding of real-time, and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, sub surface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions)
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist
- Familiarity with DaVinci Resolve
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation
- Strong illustration or photography skills
- Passionate gamer with experience playing a wide range of games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.