Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated and talented Character Supervisor to join its embedded outsourcing team in Irvine, California. This is an art generalist position requiring hands on direction, management, and engine integration of a range of assets including characters, and weapons.
The ideal candidate would have strong art direction and leadership skills to be able to manage, art direct, and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors. They must also be an experienced and flexible artist, able to build blockout models, do paint and sculpt-overs, put final touches on textures and models and implement final character assets. Finally, they coordinate with production and character artists to build relationships, and help identify art needs.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists, and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Work closely with the art director, senior character supervisor, production team, and outsource manager to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets and costs for art assets.
- Coordinate with the outsource manager to schedule and track incoming assets.
- Identify and research possible vendors.
- Travel may be necessary to help train and coach approved vendors.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop
- Strong character, weapon, and environment modeling experience and skills
- Clear and concise communications, leadership, and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- Have shipped AAA PC or console title as a character artist
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience in an art director or lead artist role
- Fluency in a language other than English, including Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, or Russian
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.