Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communications skills, proven security team leadership ability, and a track record of delivering large scale global projects to lead our growing risk operations, information and physical security teams.
Security’s focus, like our users, spans the globe and require a Director to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering projects and challenges we face daily across Europe. As the regional Security Director, you will lead complex, payment profiling, security engineering and operational projects that will require all of your expertise. You’ll hold the vision for the technical direction of the group and ensure that the managers are aligned to that vision. This role will lead and guide technical architects, risk agents, and operational staff utilizing multi-year goals with vision and strategic direction. Your role will be to grow and improve our ability to detect and prevent payment and security vulnerabilities.
In partnership with the departmental managers, you will have end-to-end responsibility and accountability for the engineering and analysis output of the group. You will plan requirements with internal customers and manage delivery through the entire project lifecycle. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to Security executive leadership as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in system architecture.
- Direct a regional team of operations analysts and security engineers to evaluate and implement risk systems and security across the organization.
- In instances where custom solutions are required, direct the design and deployment of those solutions.
- Oversee a wide range of Security functions including security operations, incident response, threat intelligence, risk operations, security engineering, and audit/compliance adherence.
- Able to split time effectively managing, developing and mentoring employees, and setting direction while driving alignment in a multi-cultural environment
- Ensure advances in game anti-cheat, anti-fraud, and anti-exploit technology.
- Ensure that service level agreements are being defined and adhered to.
- A minimum of 10 years of security leadership experience and proven ability to drive a well-oiled, cross functional, team.
- Proven ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders and executives, excellent communications skills are a must.
- Experience with a wide range of security tools including endpoint protection, security information and event management systems (SIEM), forensic tools, network traffic analysis, firewalls, and IPS/IDS.
- Proven capabilities managing a security operations group including full incident lifecycle management in an international environment
- Experienced at applying security risk assessment methodology to system design and deployment.
- Physical security management experience including processes, procedures, staff, and technology (cameras, access control, logging, law enforcement).
- In depth understanding of security principles including access/control, authorization, identification, PKI, and enterprise security architecture
- Experience working with “big data” type security data warehouses (e.g. Splunk).
- Project management experience particularly in gathering requirements, determining tasks, and allocating resources.
- Experienced at partnering with auditors and adhering to specific regional security audit requirements.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals and then executing against them with proven decision making capabilities at a strategic level
- Must be professionally agile and comfortable partnering up, down and across a complex business landscape including interacting with our HQ in North America and implementing global strategies regionally.
- Proven record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French
- Understanding of game client exploits and common practices for cheat and exploit avoidance.
- Experience working with a risk management or risk operations teams with a particular focus on financial system protection.
- An eagerness to embody the core principles of the brand
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.