Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for server feature implementation, scalability, and ongoing maintenance of the Hearthstone service. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Strong Linux development experience (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Strong data structures, logic, and algorithm skills
- Experience with implementing client / server architecture
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- High comfort level extending and improving an established code base
- Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development
- Excellent communications skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ game coding experience
- Avid Hearthstone player
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software
- Strong relational database skills
- Familiar with higher level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
- Computer science or related degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.