Blizzard Entertainment's Story and Franchise Development (S&FD) team is a collection of industry-leading talent tasked with enriching Blizzard franchises on every front. We are storytellers who tell original stories through a vast range of media formats. As part of S&FD, Blizzard cinematics invites you to join us as we pair with Blizzard’s game development teams to augment our franchises with interesting characters, rich stories, and gorgeous designs. Be a part of an organization that inspires millions and continue to extend the reach of our franchises to entirely new audiences. We take pride in hiring the best and joining Blizzard cinematics means joining a family of craftsmen who build and support one another, all dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a multi-talented individual to work with its In-Game Cinematics (IGC) Team.
Are you a natural filmmaker, able to convey themes and drive emotions while delivering key information? Are you bilingual, able to speak the languages of both film and games? Blizzard’s In-Game Cinematics team is looking for a passionate cinematic designer who will team up with our project director, production team, quest designers, and storyboard artists to make cinematics using our proprietary game engines and tools.
- Ability to create compelling cinematic sequences using Blizzard’s proprietary engines with a critical eye for pacing, composition, character performance and camera language.
- Communicate with game team designers and cinematic leads to help establish a contiguous gameplay and story experience.
- Set up actor staging and cameras.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience creating cinematic cut scenes for AAA titles
- An in-depth understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, and limitations
- Strong Interpersonal and creative collaboration skills, working with developers and writers to attain a vision
- Bachelor’s degree in arts/film
- Experience with 3D software (Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, weight, timing and line of action.
- A working knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Ability to draw and/or storyboard
- A working knowledge of scripting (Python, Lua, etc.)
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) demo reel, (iii) and a PDF of a resume. Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Job Status: Temporary Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.