We are looking for a visual designer with strong UI skills who wants to join our user experience team in order make awesome stuff for our players. You’ll be working with our Design Leads to help craft the vision for many of our Blizzard products – Battle.net website, our Desktop App, mobile apps, Shop, etc. We believe that designing from the gut is not enough, so we are looking for a UI designer that loves getting user validation and is not afraid of a user-centered design process. This means working closely with our UX designers and researchers to gain empathy with early stage user feedback, helping the team define goals and strategy, crafting solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard quality.Responsibilities
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Help UX designers, competitive analysis, and research support
- Create and show solutions – Build visual strategies, wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, color palettes, icons, etc.
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – Help with usability, interviews, and more designs – in collaboration with the research team
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. detailed designs, final assets, style guides, etc) and assist in post launch analysis with our analytics & research team
- Serious real passion for user-centered design
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer
- Knows the difference between a project goal and a requirement
- Minimum of 4 years as graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, or similar
- Experience and examples building websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and/or mobile applications
- Examples of high-level visual strategy or style guides or UI libraries
- Examples of highly detailed designs
- Can prototype your ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and/or Axure
Applicants must submit (i) a cover letter, (ii) a resume, (iii) and URL or PDF of your portfolio. Only applicants with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in UX / Visual Design
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.