The Overwatch League is seeking a Senior Manager of Brand Marketing to lead the global integrated marketing strategy and operations, owned and operated platforms, and partner co-marketing for the league. The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading and executing large-scale, multi-faceted, global marketing campaigns. This individual will be a proven strategic thinker who is comfortable leading cross-organizational project teams, both internally and externally. He or she will also be an extraordinary communicator who can align the entire organization around a compelling idea.
The person in this role will work side-by-side with the Sr Director of Brand Marketing to manage the league’s marketing operations globally, and ensure all programs are executed seamlessly – on brand, on time, and on budget. He or she will manage one to two direct reports on the brand team, providing strong mentorship, guidance, and direction. This position is based full-time in Irvine, CA.
- Develop and implement the Overwatch League’s global marketing strategies and plans; focused on driving viewership, acquiring new fans, and enhancing engagement with current fanbase.
- Partner with global marketing leads around the world to share strategic vision and goals, and maintain consistent positioning and messaging alignment.
- Build and execute fully integrated marketing plans across owned, earned, and paid channels; work with the integrated team to ensure correct distribution platforms are leveraged and optimized for performance.
- Liaison with cross-functional teams across Blizzard to develop and execute cross-promotional programs with support on owned and operated platforms.
- Spearhead the co-marketing efforts with all major partners and guide the expressions of the brand prepared by the partner creative & strategy team, media rights partners, CPG & Fanatics, and other third parties to create full brand alignment.
- Lead consistent communications for the marketing team’s plans and key beats throughout the year, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders.
- Partner with the marketing research team to plan, field, and analyze consumer and audience insights for key initiatives.
- Measure the effectiveness of brand and consumer marketing initiatives and develop insights to optimize campaigns, make recommendations, and track against key KPIs.
- Manage members of the brand team to shepherd proper execution as well as high performance and personal growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, or related field. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience in consumer marketing, ideally at a brand or agency within the professional sports, entertainment, technology, or lifestyle industries
- 3+ years managing marketing operations, including internally and externally, for multi-faceted, large-scale campaigns
- 2+ years of direct management experience, with passion for managing and mentoring high performers
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Proven leadership with excellent written and verbal business communications skills
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional environment
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.