Blizzard China is seeking a hands-on technical Manager to join and lead our Data center team. The DC team goal is to maintain and optimize our Data Centers to support Blizzard IT systems and services including player facing and internal customer facing with epic experience. The candidate must be a dedicated problem solver who can work independently, multitask and prioritize things in a fast-paced and demanding environment This position will be based in Shanghai and reported to Operations Director, Blizzard China.
- Managing data center engineers and admins, communicating with global data center peers on daily operations and project implementations, as well as working closely with our China partners on data center long-haul strategy and management
- Responsible to build and maintain world-class data centers in China including DC facility management and new DC selection
- Plan and manage infrastructure resources cabling, hardware, racks, etc in complex sites
- Guide the hardware installation, manage the firmware version in automatic way
- Owner of DC policies/enforcement, DCIM, network diagram, IDC infrastructure topology and deploy guide
- Participate in the scheduled server maintenances with system engineers and dev teams
- Work independently on DC optimization and daily operations, and other tasks from the Operations Director
- Expert experience with DC industry standards which covering power supply methodology, efficient cooling system, modern cabling, system/ environment automation & monitoring
- Hands-on and field experience with medium to large-scale hardware deployment, installation and troubleshooting, especially on Dell, HP and Cisco blade systems
- Good understanding of a Linux-based operating system, including system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration
- Good understanding of Linux network services; specifically, the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot TCP / IP-based services such DHCP and LDAP
- Able to write scripts in an administrative language (Python or shell) for kickstart installation
- Experience on ilo/idrac /CMC and other OOB management automatically
- Basic knowledge of TCP / IP network, and network gears, 10G and 40G networking
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and a degree in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of 7 years IT/Internet hands-on work experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on/field DC management experience with good people management/lead experiences
- Multinational company experience
- Passionate about Blizzard games
- Strong will to take the initiatives and learn new technologies in modern data center
- Software defined storage / SAN knowledge
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.