At Blizzard Entertainment, we are on a quest to bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences, ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. This could be your chance to join Blizzard and entertain the universe!
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized legal professional to join our in-house legal team as a Contract Specialist. You’ll partner with a close-knit team and staff across the business to draft contracts, ensure smooth operation of the contracts process, and establish clear and responsive communication with internal and external clients.
- Draft various types of contracts including ‘Work for Hire’ agreements, services agreements, advertising insertion orders, voice-actor and talent agreements, promotional agreements, license agreements, bundling agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Assist with the preparation of contest rules, affidavits of eligibility and releases
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts
- Partner closely with US legal team and business; liaise as needed with international colleagues
- Ensure compliance and adherence to proper protocols in all matters related to contract drafting, validation and record keeping
- Take on special projects and other duties as requested
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in a professional legal role, preferably in a contract management or a paralegal role
- Extensive experience drafting a variety of agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property contracts and licenses
- Exceptional legal research and analytical skills
- The ability to independently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Impeccable organizational skills, time-management abilities and attention to detail
- The ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Common sense, good judgment and desire to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience as a legal professional in a gaming or entertainment company
- A paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program
- International experience
- An interest bordering upon passion for interactive games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.