Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized web content editor to assist content publishing efforts across Overwatch esports websites. In this role, you will contribute to design and implement engaging content pages, images, web banners, and digital ad campaigns for our growing Esports community. The ideal candidate must have an awareness of current trends in marketing, web communication, and new media and has a passion for Esports.
- Owner of Overwatch Esports Website and Content Management Tool.
- Provide editorial oversight for Blizzard’s Web output, ranging from timely esports event coverage from feature articles to graphics-oriented micro content.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to design and implement engaging content pages, images, web banners, and digital ad campaigns.
- Ensure all written, graphical, and video-based content is highly engaging and optimized for target audience in China.
- Seek creative ways to expand the audience and appeal to a local fan base.
- Partner and support teams locally and globally, including esports Operations, PR, Marketing, Localization, Web, to manage site-wide design, scheduling, and production.
- Review all localized web content not limited to video subtitles, editorial articles from first and 3rd parties or other marketing campaign materials.
- Document and communicate editorial standards that promote clarity, consistency, and appeal. Provide stakeholders content pipeline transparency.
- Maintain a calendar of events to track social, event, and announcement comms and content.
- Manage content use and rights clearances with internal legal partners as needed.
- Big fan of Esports
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as needed to accommodate for match and special event coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in managing social media channels or website content for a major gaming, entertainment, or technology outlet.
- 2-3+ years’ experience with channel management, publishing calendars, reporting and analytics.
- Demonstrate understanding of standards-based HTML and CSS
- Thorough understanding of layout, branding campaigns, advertising, and logo design.
- Experience with social media platforms, CMS and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of communications trends and a knack for developing highly engaging, grammatically sound content
- Capable of working effectively across team and regional boundaries and negotiating between conflicting objectives
- Exceptional time and program management discipline
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail and a meticulous mind-set
- Strong reading and writing skills in Chinese and English.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.