How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Audio Software Engineer to help build the audio system which will be used by future Blizzard games. Dialog, music, and sound effects are a vital ingredient to the experience players have when playing our games. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for creating a first-class audio system that enables audio specialists to craft those epic experiences for our players. The ideal candidate has broad audio programming experience integrating audio middleware and implementing game audio features.
- Work with audio stakeholders to develop and maintain the vision for a cross-platform audio system
- Implement the audio runtime for a game engine that meets the demands of various games
- Integrate and update 3rd party audio libraries as needed
- Implement tools and pipelines for rapid authoring and iteration of audio in the engine
- At least 3 years of professional audio programming experience
- Experience developing or maintaining a cross-platform audio system in shipping titles
- Experience collaborating with game audio professionals
- Knowledge of audio signal processing (audio DSP) – mixing, filters, reverb, 3D positional audio, audio codecs, occlusion, HRTF, etc.
- Fluency in C++
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Experience with 3rd party audio libraries like Wwise, FMOD, or Miles Sound System
- Experience working with sound systems in 3rd party game engines like Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine
- Music, MIDI, game sound design or audio post-production experience
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.