Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to help us build epic player engagement platforms that support all Blizzard Entertainment’s premier titles.
Our ideal candidate will share our passion for building web platform and believe in the power of player engagement and community building to enrich players’ gameplay experiences. Our web platform team located in Irvine, California is creating the tools to extend game play experiences beyond the game environment.
This position within the Blizzard web and mobile department will work closely with a team of engineers, designers, editors and testers to help build the future of web platform for Blizzard Entertainment and their related web properties. They will be responsible for architecting, building and maintaining scalable web platform to support all Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Working within a cross-functional team to help manage and deliver an epic Web experience for all Blizzard’s franchises
- Building and maintaining services and tools that support our web activities.
- Breaking down complicated requirements into clear, actionable tasks that can be estimated and completed
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable and documented code
- Maintaining an open-minded, friendly and positive attitude
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in professional web development
- Extensive expertise in at least one area of web development, be it back-end, front-end or building APIs
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance and security
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion and belief in Blizzard's Core Values
- Experience designing and building HATEOAS restful APIs
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with application containerization, e.g. Docker
- Passion for and experience with building content management systems
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Experience using Java / Spring
- Experience using Node.js / Express
- Experience using LESS / SASS, Gulp, jQuery and other front end technologies
- Experience with Jade, Handlebars, Freemarker or another web template engine
- Experience working on high-traffic, responsive web sites and applications
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.