Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate, smart, and driven individual to head business operations for Overwatch. The director of business operations will be a member of the Overwatch leadership team and will be responsible for helping to guide the future business direction. The ideal candidate is a thinker and doer with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in the games industry, and a successful track record of supporting AAA products.
- Own the vision for Overwatch business strategies which complement the product strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional commercial and development leadership to build, execute and assess cohesive franchise strategies.
- Assess challenges, develop solutions, evaluate their potential, and help to implement and evaluate big-game changing initiatives related to the business of Overwatch.
- Apply rigor and creativity to business design and decisions.
- Act as liaison between the Overwatch development team and functional project owners in finance, marketing, public relations (PR), community, and other publishing areas.
- Take point on Overwatch business communications with the international teams, and maintain oversight of all international publishing efforts in support of content releases and ongoing activities.
- Lead dev team efforts in working with business intelligence, finance, and marketing to monitor the health of the Overwatch business.
- Layer expert analysis and insight on top of data to support decision making.
- Prepare and present business materials to executive stakeholders.
- Work with the international Legal teams to ensure the appropriate legal evaluation of Overwatch development
- Lead efforts in working with Corporate Alliances on strategic partnerships and promotions for the Overwatch brand
- Partner closely with the Executive Producer and key leadership in other franchise components – consumer products, other media, the Overwatch League – to identify, assess and build out new business opportunities.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior business role supporting AAA products
- Strategy development experience at the franchise level
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insight
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups. Specifically, the ability to work closely with creative teams based on a deep familiarity with iterative development processes is extremely valuable in this role.
- Passion for Blizzard Games
- International travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working with international teams
- Masters of business administration degree from a leading business school or a relevant graduate degree that provides expertise towards business operations.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with cover letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.