Blizzard’s corporate communications team has an immediate opening for an experienced internal communications associate manager who is as passionate about communication as they are about games. We’re involved in a wide variety of projects across the organization, and we play a key role in bringing information, transparency, clarity, and entertainment to our global employee base.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has a flair for imparting information entertainingly while adhering to all those grammar rules you once told your high school teacher you’d never need to know. As an internal communications associate manager, you’ll be responsible for developing communication plans, executing their implementation, and being a master of the written and spoken word. Playing well with a smorgasbord of different job functions and personalities will be crucial as you strive to corral disparate and confusing ideas into a unified and simple product.
Exhibiting critical thinking and being self-motivated and highly detail-oriented are critical in this role, as is having a knack for convincing others and advocating for your point of view. The work is varied, the deadlines are tight, and the words aren’t going to edit themselves… Join us!
- Develop communications strategies and manage their execution through all phases
- Provide communications and change management counsel to business partners, stakeholders, and leadership
- Write and edit employee communications, including emails, intranet news articles, newsletters, display boards, and other channels as needed.
- Create and manage communication plans and project schedules for communications activities
- Support business partners developing their presence across internal channels
- Work with teams to identify and resolve communication issues
- Engage and motivate leaders and employees alike to adopt desired behaviors and support business priorities through effective project management of meetings, events, and speaker series.
- Lead communications efforts for internal social media platform, including
- developing and executing training, marketing, and communication plans
- supporting ongoing engagement to build awareness and increase user adoption
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary departments and project teams
- Lead employee engagement planning on assigned game launches and internal initiatives
- Manage interns and employees on temp assignments as needed
- Lead special projects as needed
- 3–5 years’ experience in internal communications/workforce communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, or Journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Proven editing, proofreading, and persuasive writing skills
- Able to execute with speed, competence, and confidence
- Able to focus and multitask in a fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Able to exercise good independent judgment and discretion, especially when presented with sensitive or confidential issues
- Familiarity with HTML
- Familiarity or experience with enterprise networking software, particularly Jive
- Familiarity or experience working with SharePoint and Photoshop
- Passion for video games, Blizzard Entertainment’s in particular
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which includes why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- Three of your best communication samples
Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.