Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced editor for the Story and Franchise Development team in Irvine, California. Story and Franchise focuses on developing Blizzard Entertainment’s universes through a variety of media, including animation, cinematics, illustrations, novels, comics, and more, working with internal as well as external talent.
As part of an editorial team, this role will create epic published products and help to expand Blizzard’s exciting publishing program in bold, new directions.
The editor will interface heavily with Blizzard’s licensing and game teams, managing the creative vision for each assigned project. In addition, the editor will work directly with the editorial and design staffs of our various publishing partners on licensed projects.
You have exceptional creativity and the ability to oversee the development of multiple projects at once, providing strong editorial feedback on manuscripts and accompanying art in various forms of published media.
- Pitch, develop and edit a variety of books, including comics, novels, art books and specialty books
- Responsible for all aspects of editorial oversight on assigned titles, including line editing, art direction, and copywriting
- Acquire and develop new writing and artistic talent
- Serve as the point of creative contact to external partner editorial staffs
- Work with lead editor and director of story development on publishing strategy, ideation and planning
- Support larger franchise initiatives
- Represent Blizzard Entertainment at industry conventions as needed
- Minimum 3 years editorial experience working on high-profile published properties
- Excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to creatively collaborate and facilitate creative environments for both colleagues and partnered talent
- A strong desire to explore new directions in the ever-changing publishing landscape
- Knowledge of story development from concept to final product
- Knowledge of publishing in a variety of media
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment and within an iterative development process
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to provide constructive criticism
- Aware of trends and competition
- Working knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties
- A passion for story, art, and the future of the publishing industry
- A passion for games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Extensive understanding of one or more of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties
- Extensive knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s published products, including novels, comics, art books, specialty books, manga, and online publications
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard and position
- What games you are currently playing
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.