Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- 1-3 years' experience w/ AWS and Linux administration
- Expert level understanding Linux
- Excellent knowledge of AWS cloud management concepts and services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53.
- Good knowledge of configuration management tools such as SaltStack & Chef
- System monitoring and performance t-shooting
- Patch management
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Building and deploying multiple frameworks to AWS
- Understanding and familiarity with containerization concepts
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to support QA with an understanding of experience in integrating unit tests and code quality analysis tools
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Technical writing sufficient to document processes developed and communicate to a highly technical team
- Ability to script in order to automate tasks in bash and python. Ruby a plus
- First line support - provide first level assistance to engineering to resolve issues or escalate as necessary
- Deployments - deploy application stacks as necessary to multiple environments in AWS
- Script - write scripts to eliminate the need for manual intervention on repetitive processes
- Patch management - perform patch management ensuring all hosts are up to standards, secure & compliant
- Reporting – provide meaningful reporting data to management & senior DevOps engineers
- On-call – must be available for on-call work
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.