Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is seeking an experienced and talented IT Operations Manager to lead our End User Computing team. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate and relentless about driving employee productivity, delivering modern endpoint management services and providing epic customer service and support to our end users. This position would be responsible for strategic planning, management, support, and optimization our corporate endpoint management services, platforms and end user applications.
This candidate must be experienced in supporting global fleets of PCs, Macs and mobile devices through management platforms that ensure proper configuration and security compliance. In addition, this role will lead high performing engineers and administrators to deliver on critical projects as well as day to day operations.
This role requires constant interaction and alignment with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for fostering teamwork and delivering great service.
- 24/7 support and ownership of key worldwide services delivered by the End User Computing team.
- Responsible for global Endpoint Management systems such as MEM (SCCM), Jamf Pro, Intune, and Airwatch.
- Responsible for the OS lifecycle and OS as a Service for Windows and Mac OS ensuring that new operating systems are tested, supported, and deployed to end users.
- Responsible for the patch management lifecycle ensuring security compliance on all endpoints in partnership with Security.
- Provide support and partnership to key IT support teams such as the ServiceDesk and Desktop Services teams.
- Responsible for end user services such as Slack and PrinterLogic.
- Provide day to day guidance, ensuring services delivered through request and incident management are assigned to appropriate team members for rapid resolution.
- Provide leadership and technical direction for the respective teams and technology platforms globally.
- Work with project managers to determine resource allocation and timelines for projects and coordinate work efforts of staff.
- Provide mentoring and career development for direct reports including one-on-ones, individual development plans, annual performance reviews, etc.
- Monitor and manage team workload as requested from customers, management, and projects
- Enhance and develop team standards, processes and procedures to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and maintain infrastructure operational readiness (scalability, availability, etc.)
- Schedule resources to support 24 / 7 / 365 operations.
- Manage the relationship with vendors’ and their support teams
- 10+ years of experience with end-user computing in a Microsoft Windows and MacOS environment.
- Experience managing, imaging and distribution of Windows and MacOS via deployment and updates through tools such as Jamf, MEM, Ivanti, etc.
- Experience architecting, implementing, supporting and managing MEM, including Cloud Management Gateway.
- Experience architecting, implementing, supporting and managing Jamf, including Jamf Connect.
- Experience supporting and managing MDM/MAM solutions such as Airwatch, and Intune.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP services.
- Working knowledge network infrastructure, protocols and technologies.
- Experience managing an IT Service organization in the areas of Service Support and Service Delivery.
- Experience with ITIL methodologies and processes, specifically Request, Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Experience architecting, implementing and supporting enterprise solutions and platforms.
- Firm understanding of IT architecture, infrastructure, and operational roles
- History of managing, coaching, and mentoring IT personnel of all levels
- History of collecting and utilizing data and KPI’s in reporting to gauge service health and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Able to communicate and present at all levels, up to and including executive management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up.
- Experience with staffing and team building.
- Relentless, self-motivated drive for continuous improvement.
- Unwavering desire to provide the best customer service to Blizzard users.
- Familiar with Azure Analytics and Power BI
- Familiar with PrinterLogic or equivalent print services
- Familiar with Slack
- Familiar with IT Security best practices, including compliance to PCI, SOX, and GDPR.
- Familiar with MS Exchange, Office365 and Azure AD
- Familiar with cloud SSO providers such as Okta and Ping.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Degree in management, computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional training
- Passion for gaming
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.