Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned public relations manager (PR) who is well-versed in modern communications techniques and possesses excellent media relations skills to help lead the charge in promoting Blizzard’s global esports efforts across multiple AAA games. While your deck strategies and APM do not need to be pro-level, your communications skills do.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to change. This person will also be highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of a team. Clear, concise communications skills are a must.
- Lead the development and execution of public relations strategies to promote esports efforts across multiple AAA titles.
- Provide counsel regarding media requests and opportunities.
- Create and maintain press materials related to Blizzard esports and the greater esports ecosystem including bios, assets, statistics, and more.
- Be a champion of Blizzard’s esports to relevant press and influencers.
- Plan and execute PR activities surrounding worldwide esports events.
- Collaborate with Blizzard’s stakeholders under constant deadlines to gather data and craft effective messaging, articles, and news.
- Correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard’s, as needed.
- Additional travel, writing projects, and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in PR. Experience in an esports, competitive gaming, or professional sports capacity is a strong plus
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background, and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards, on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with developers and transforming complex concepts into accessible consumer messages
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate good knowledge of games, esports, and the game industry
- Good presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or Business, or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.