Lead Artist, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Lead Artist to help us guide the art vision and development for a new game experience for mobile. Your goal is to meld great art with great gameplay by leading the art team, creating production artwork, and actively communicating and thriving on a small team.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Working closely with art, design, and production leadership to uphold the vision and art quality of the game while also implementing a plan for creating all game art content
- Authoring final art content for the game through concepting, modeling, texturing, animation, FX, or UI
- Interviewing and staffing the art team with highly talented artists who are a cultural fit for the team and company
- Coordinating and working with outsource and freelance artists to help accomplish the goals of the art team.
- Helping establish and maintain the technical requirements for authoring game art content for the mobile platform
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in game development using tools like Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- You have experience shipping a game as an art lead or art director where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling, and implementation of a large portion of the art team.
- You have a broad understanding of how 3D and 2D art including tech art, modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, and FX contribute to the overall art vision of a game.
- You know how to author production ready game art and specialize in at least one area of concept art, modeling and texturing, animation, FX or UI.
- You’ve hired exceptionally talented artists onto a team and helped them “learn and grow” through constructive art feedback and coaching.
- You have the technical aptitude to learn new tools and establish new art pipelines as needed to get things done
- You love to collaborate but you can be highly independent when needed. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others, especially on a small and nimble team.
- You geek out about being able to communicate with artists, designers, and engineers.
- You love video games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and taking them to the next level through your creations.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating content for our game universes.
- Avid player of mobile games
- A passion for gameplay and design discussion
- Unity and mobile development experience
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.