Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Director of Strategic Sourcing who would be responsible for the leadership, transformation, strategy, and execution of complex, long-term category sourcing strategies across Blizzard. The role will be responsible for leading the charge to evaluate new suppliers, to negotiate current contracts with an emphasis on price, terms, quality, and to execute on consolidation opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed internal Strategic Sourcing function in a fast-paced and dynamic business in the entertainment industry. This individual would work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization.
- Understand the business, its competitive environment, and appropriate benchmarks; drive forecasting process and analyze trends; mentor employees.
- Oversee development and execution of strategies through the sourcing process for specific categories of spend.
- Drive the process to select, evaluate, onboard suppliers.
- Develop RFP’s and negotiate new contracts.
- Oversee a systematic, analytical and results-based method for monitoring supplier's performance and communicate results to suppliers and end business stakeholders.
- Manage issues and quality concerns with supplies to ensure timely resolution.
- Manage the development and training of category sourcing team members.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness; perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking; consistently seek process optimization; articulate ideas clearly demonstrating effect on the bottom line.
- Monitor strategy implementation.
- Collaborate effectively with ATVI Global Strategic Sourcing in a matrixed environment.
- Drive annual productivity improvements and cost savings initiatives in each spend category.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, 4+ in a management capacity, ideally at a multinational company.
- Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Experience is required (7-10 years) with a strategic (not transactional) focus
- Deep experience managing sourcing in the Tech (hardware, software, networks, technical services) category
- Strategic mindset and solid analytical skills.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to work with stakeholders across an organization.
- Quantitative Analysis (financial or price modeling-both creation of model itself and performing the analysis from which a negotiation strategy is determined, requires comprehension of complex business objectives and a high level of attention to detail) is required
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Project Management (medium to large scale); able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Able to work independently, with limited direction and limited ability to delegate.
- MBA from Top University
- CPM, CPP, PMP, Six Sigma, or similar certifications desired but not required
- 3 years of relevant experience at Top Tier Management Consulting firm is highly preferred
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Finance / Accounting
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.