Four players simultaneously battling through the depths of Sanctuary on PlayStation or Xbox. Climbing the Hearthstone ladder on your smartphone while you wait in line (or getting in one last game on your tablet before falling asleep). Making Blizzard Entertainment’s gaming experiences available and just as epic across a variety of platforms are the moments our world-class team lives for. We’re looking for a highly motivated technical requirements specialist to join Blizzard and help us enhance our certification approach for all console and mobile products.
We couldn’t be more excited about Blizzard’s future, and we want to ensure the path to first party requirements compliance remain clear and hurdle-free. The ideal candidate must have excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills as well as demonstrated attention to detail. Read through the rest of the requirements below and drop us a line if you’re ready to join a seriously talented team focused and passionate about helping bring Blizzard gaming into the hands of as many players as possible.
- Maintain and share expert-level knowledge of first party requirements and effectively communicate changes.
- Continuously improve mastery of technical requirements and hardware / software testing tools.
- Ensure effective testing methodologies are applied across different console and mobile projects.
- Provide support to multiple teams and monitor overall testing of technical requirements.
- Create and maintain guidelines, test cases, and knowledgebase shared across projects.
- Train and coach test analysts on best practices and early detection of failure points.
- Publish process documentation and weekly reports.
- Review project and features to identify risks and issues.
- Formulate strong relationships, based on skills, knowledge, and trust, with all stakeholders.
- Effectively drive and facilitate group tasks to completion and promote a team environment.
- Perform product verification checks in live environment.
- Track and maintain test kits and devices as needed.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of TRCs, XRs, and app review guidelines
- A minimum of 3 years’ console and mobile testing experience
- Game industry experience translating first party requirements into test cases
- Strong communications and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Proven record developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Flexible and team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated passion for video games and continuous learning
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with JIRA, TestRail, and Confluence
- Advanced technical certifications
- Project management certifications
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.