Blizzard Entertainment is searching for an experienced Senior Game Designer to take the reins on delivering innovative and engaging gameplay systems. With a focus on systems that motivate players to play together—such as game modes, and social and progression systems—our ideal candidate is capable of dreaming big and handling the responsibilities that come with owning and driving a strong direction.
A typical week has the candidate proactively interacting with Game Design and Gameplay Engineering, and running and participating in numerous playtests to vet ideas early. We’re looking for someone who’s equally passionate about moving essential processes forward, and contributing to the game as a whole.
Above all, the candidate is an avid player of competitive games. They will be greeted by a team passionately engaged with the task of delivering a hugely innovative and challenging title to the genre.
- Work with team leadership to set direction for a variety of systems that motivate players to cooperate
- Leverage technical experience to implement devised systems inside a proprietary design tool
- Work closely with level design, UI, and engineering to ensure the highest quality player experience
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement
- Grow and mentor other designers.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the video game industry
- Designed, developed, and shipped major game systems in a AAA game
- Able to develop and champion a strong design vision around their systems, from concept to completion
- Strong technical experience building gameplay experiences using game tools
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and working within the action genre.
- Previous lead experience
- Experience developing progression systems for current AAA titles
- Experience with technical scripting design tools.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- What games you are currently playing and excited about.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.