Blizzard Entertainment has an amazing opportunity for an engine programmer to join the fray on World of Warcraft. As a key contributor, you will be working with a team focused on the vision of improving World of Warcraft’s core engine technology. Our team is highly collaborative, and you will work directly with artists, designers, and fellow software engineers as you help maintain key engine systems. If the prospect of bringing WoW to a whole new level speaks to your experience and skillset and appeals to your passion and creativity we want to hear from you.
- Design and implementation of new engine and tools features.
- Identify and resolve visual issues and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain the rendering engine for performance, stability, and error-free operation.
- Work closely with the art department to help them achieve their artistic vision.
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience in any of the following: shader, and/or graphics effects programming, art content pipelines and tools, debugging hardware issues, advanced scene management techniques, or low-level animation.
- Fluency in C++
- Knowledge of DirectX 11+ or OpenGL APIs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- A passion for video games
- Experience playing World of Warcraft
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience shipping multiple game titles with significant contributions to the graphics engine
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware configurations
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.