Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced product manager to lead the design and execution of high profile collegiate esports competitions like Heroes of the Dorm. The ideal candidate has a passion for esports, strong understanding of college sports, and proven history of managing complex projects with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should have experience working with global teams, an understanding of broadcast and event management, and hold themselves to an unwavering quality standard.
- Lead an internal team responsible for the global execution of high profile collegiate esports competitions like Heroes of the Dorm.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to design and iterate formats and systems that meet key game objectives, while also aligning with esports business priorities.
- Work with partners to ensure high-quality and impactful broadcast production.
- Define and communicate the program’s creative vision, from structure to branding.
- Accountable for all aspects of program execution, including vendor selection and management, live broadcasts, tournament administration, player and talent management, promotion, legal framework, merchandise, live events, and communications (internal and external).
- Track and stay within budgets globally, making crucial spending decisions where necessary.
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities in each region.
- Work with the programming lead on distribution strategy, logistics, and content calendar.
- Manage and iterate business model for programs.
- Collaborate with esports leadership to establish product KPIs and measure program success over time.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute plans, including the development teams, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in product and / or program management
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in partner or vendor management
- Deep understanding of event management and broadcast production
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams
- Strong understanding of college sports ecosystem
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard Entertainment games
- Boundless enthusiasm for esports
- Able to occasionally travel, including internationally
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.