Blizzard Entertainment’s global security team is looking for a Events Security Manager with the experience to conceptualize, design, preplan, and fully execute intimate to massive events, often with a global reach. Your creative problem-solving skills must be stellar, and you must be able to work quickly and efficiently, to multitask with a high-volume workload and to remain productive in high-pressure situations -- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are an absolute must.
If you’re someone who likes video games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology or other geeky things, even better! Can you obsess on the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Are you a self-starter who can take direction but who doesn’t need it? Are you the type of person who can work quickly to solve challenges? You could be our ideal candidate!
- Manage all details of the security design, project management, and execution of events of various scopes and sizes, domestic and international.
- Contribute to the management and reconciliation of event security budgets.
- Support coordination and fulfillment of security contracts and invoices.
- Track and prepares reports on event metrics such as attendance, consumption patterns, etc.
- Distribute relevant event materials such as, but not limited to, floor plans, milestone schedules, security plans, production schedules, and show scripts to appropriate internal and external parties with enough time to allow for evaluation and feedback prior to event.
- Prepare, distributed and execute detailed security and staffing schedules, and emergency plans.
- Coordinate with federal and local law enforcement as needed during planning and execution of events.
- Directly manage event contracted security services. This includes contracted security consultants.
- Proactively plan and update milestone schedules with internal and external partners to allow adequate time for event-related deliverables.
- Evaluate all aspects of events with the goal of improving quality as well as cost and time efficiencies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in security event planning and production
- Exceptional creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical-thinking skills
- The ability to produce a high-volume of projects simultaneously with efficiency, and with minimal errors
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly professional written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Available for some required travel (domestic and international)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- Able to maximize resources and establish key relationships
- Strong customer-service skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience planning events for 1000+ attendees
- A love of video games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.