Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything less than the highest quality and to provide worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. Blizzard IT supports critical tools leveraged across the organization for bug tracking, project management, task tracking, and operational support. As an Atlassian Administrator, you’ll be one of the go-to people for all things Jira and Confluence related, assisting in everything from crafting our vision for these applications to the detailed execution. We'll rely on you to help maintain our Confluence and Jira instances, so we can keep creating world-class games. You'll collaborate with employees from a wide array of disciplines across the organization to improve efficiency, share best practices, and optimize the tools.
- Serve as an administrator of the Atlassian toolset
- Deliver highly available systems through monitoring of database, middle-tier and OS components
- Design and implement technical solutions consistent with industry best practices
- Provide support and advanced troubleshooting for employees globally
- Manage user permissions per the needs of spaces and teams
- Evaluate, test, and implement new versions and add-ons
- Create and modify workflows, screens, fields, filters, boards, and more as needed
- Partner with teams to understand their use cases and build effective and efficient solutions
- Manage requests of varying complexities and due dates
- Build and maintain runbooks and operational processes
- Create maintenance scripts to automate tasks in Linux
- Enhance system performance monitoring and providing agreed upon SLA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience administering Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization
- Knowledge of Linux, Apache/Tomcat configurations, and JVM tuning
- Experience managing Atlassian Data Center or Server instances
- Working experience with multiple Atlassian tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, FishEye, etc
- Experience in Apache/Tomcat configurations related to Atlassian Products
- Skilled in troubleshooting issues and performing installations, migrations, and add-on installation
- Strong communication and partnering skills with both technical & non-technical users
- Ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly and provide user-friendly solution
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Jira Service Desk
- Atlassian certification
- Video game industry experience
- Passion for Blizzard games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.